Friday, March 6, 2009

Feature Friday: Tangbaby



For this week's installment of Feature Friday, I spoke with Myrhieah of Tangbaby.  Her shop is comprised of a wide variety of interesting objects, including felt food and fake cake,unique cards and pretty buttons.  Read on to find out more!



First and foremost, what is it that you make/sell?

I make whatever comes to my mind that can be fashioned in my own style in a reasonable amount of time. My initial motivation to sell on Etsy began with local demand for my strange faux-cake boxes, it was weird and something people never saw, and since I
 am always up for creative challenges, I decided to see if I could also find a way to sell them online. Then, I quickly realized the problem with trying to sell something that no one ever searches for, I decided that I needed to diversify my shop. It took me a few months to get into the creative problem solving loop, but now, left and right, I’ve been taking inspiration from what things I use or could use while playing with and teaching my toddlers.

What do you most enjoy about your craft?

Having a background in conceptual art, I admit I have a hard time relating to the word “craft.” I just think of things and make them and I enjoy doing that. I like to play around with ideas, and although some of the things I make are odd or less than practical, I hope they can add a little cheer to whoever might view my listings.

How has your experience on Etsy been?

My experience has been very limited, but I’ve gotten to meet some great sellers through wonderful transactions and forum discussions and I’ve been able to get some things I’ve worked on out there to a few different people. It’s exciting for me to make things, even if they are rather small, and send them over oceans or across counties to waiting hands.

What would you like to see from the CNY Etsy Group in the future?

Since we are a regional group, I would love to experience some physical shows and possibly meet with others where we share with one another about the things we do.

If you have any additional questions you would like to ask Myrieah, post them in the "comments" section below, and she will answer them!

To see more of Myrieah's work, visit her shop: Tangbaby

She also has a blog: the Tangbaby



No comments:

Post a Comment